From: Doug Lewis <d-lewis3@ti.com>
Subject: Re: Ada file IO & vxworks
Date: 1998/08/11
Date: 1998-08-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Corey Ashford wrote:

> Which Ada compiler are you using?

We're using the Green Hills Ada95 compiler.

> Since you aren't closing the file, it's possible that VxWorks and/or
> the Ada text_io implementation are buffering up the writes.  You
> might trying adding a call to Ada.Text_Io.Flush(<file>) after any
> writes that you want to be seen on the host.  However, that will only
> flush the Ada side, not the VxWorks side.  You may have to close
> the file periodically and reopen it with the mode set to Append_File.

Unfortunately no file closes are completing successfully!  We've tried just
doing a create then close and the code doesn't return from the close.
We're getting no exceptions from the Ada code or the os.

--
Senior Software Eng    - The views expressed are my own &