From: C Phillips <cphillip@OARcorp.com>
To: Steve Doiel <nospam_steved@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: What's become of RTEMS?
Date: 1998/08/06
Date: 1998-08-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Steve Doiel wrote:

> Information is available on the Web, but everything I have found appears to
> be outdated.

Distribution and maintenance of RTEMS was transferred to OAR by theArmy.  OAR
developed RTEMS for the Army.  OAR is in the process of
finishing up a new RTEMS site.  4.0 will be released via this site.

> There are references to the Ada version of RTEMS being available for the
> Tartan compiler
> and "coming soon" for GNAT.

The Ada implementation of RTEMS is no longer supported.

> On the AdaCore web site there is some indication that the "product" is being
> maintained by
> OARcorp, and that a number of projects have been completed using GNAT/RTEMS.

GNAT/RTEMS is the supported Ada95 solution.  This supports Ada taskingusing
RTEMS.  GNAT/RTEMS has been validated on one embedded platform
(SPARC) and is "validatable" on a number of others including the
PowerPC

> Is RTEMS publicly available for hackers to play with, or only through
> contract?

RTEMS is GPL'ed with the same exception as the GNU Ada Run-Time.  4.0will be
made publicly available once the distribution site is in place.
Right now, it is mainly available to support customers.

If you are interested in using GNAT/RTEMS on a project, please
contact sales@gnat.com.