* c calling ada
@ 1998-06-11  0:00 Clark Snowdall
From: Clark Snowdall @ 1998-06-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a quick question.  I'm trying to use a c program to call an ada
program.  I have a rough idea of how to do it.  But more importantly,
I'm not sure I have the right tool set to do it.  I'm using ObjectAda
7.0 for the ada side.  And because of the card our target uses, the c
side is done with Microsoft C 5.0.  The question I have is if there is
any way for ObjectAda to put out objects that can be linked with MS C
5.0?  Perhaps ObjectAda 7.1 might help (could upgrade) or perhaps using
a newer c compiler?  If anyone has any thoughts let me know ... thanks.

Clark Snowdall
HRP Systems

* Re: c calling ada
@ 1998-06-12  0:00 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 1998-06-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Clark Snowdall <snowdall@hrpsystems.com> writes:

> I have a quick question.  I'm trying to use a c program to call an ada
> program.  I have a rough idea of how to do it.  But more importantly,
> I'm not sure I have the right tool set to do it.  I'm using ObjectAda
> 7.0 for the ada side.  And because of the card our target uses, the c
> side is done with Microsoft C 5.0.  The question I have is if there is
> any way for ObjectAda to put out objects that can be linked with MS C
> 5.0?  Perhaps ObjectAda 7.1 might help (could upgrade) or perhaps using
> a newer c compiler?  If anyone has any thoughts let me know ... thanks.

ObjectAda is in general compatible with Microsoft C. You should upgrade to
the current version of each. Have you tried to link and gotten error
messages?

> Clark Snowdall
> HRP Systems

* Re: c calling ada
@ 1998-06-12  0:00   ` falis
From: falis @ 1998-06-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

You should be able to use 7.0 with MSVC 5 without any
particular problems.

The easiest way to have C call the Ada code is to put the Ada
into a DLL.  In the project.settings.link property page, select
DLL as the application kind.  Make sure you don't have the
"runtime in DLL" option checked - there was a bug in 7.0 when
combining these two options.  And read the help for details on
setting things up in your source code for export.

You can also call the Ada code directly, but will need to call the
Ada 95 predefined routines adainit and adafinal to get things
elaborated correctly.

- Ed Falis
Aonix

* C++ Calling ADA
@ 1998-08-01  0:00 Nick
From: Nick @ 1998-08-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!  I am in dire need of an example of coding in C++ to call ADA.  If
this can't be done, I need to know how to make C++ revert back to C to
call ADA.  Please e-mail me with solutions!

Thanks!
Nick
atausek@ids.net