From: Nicholas Donovan <ndonovan@itccorp.com>
Subject: Linux (kernel 2.0.35) ,gcc and gnat issues....
Date: 1998/07/19
Date: 1998-07-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Please excuse me if this has been already covered
as I am new to this list and to ADA Programming in general.
I am using Red Hat Linux 5.1 with gcc-2.7.2.3-11  glibc-2.0.7-19 and
gnat-3.09-2. I have the latest version of GRASP (a development
environment similar to emacs.), I have read the Ada Tutorial that
accompanies it and there is no mention of this error or what I might be
doing wrong in my linking. Again I am very new to Ada and would like to
learn this very much. Any help or pointers on this would be appreciated
:-) Anything I try issues the same message re: Linking not done.

When I try to compile my programs I receive the following error...

simple source code:

with Text_IO; use Text_IO;
procedure Hello is
	begin
	   Put_Line ("Hello Program!");
	end Hello;

"  gcc -c hello.adb
gcc: hello.adb: linker input file unused since linking not done "

also if I try
 "   gnatmake -f hello.adb
gcc -c hello.adb
gcc: hello.adb: linker input file unused since linking not done
gnatmake: "hello.ali" WARNING file not found after compile "

Could someone please steer me in the right direction?
I think it's a probably a minor argument I'm missing or somehow my
linking must be off but I have read the tutorials, browsed the
newsgroups but am unable to find the solution. but then again I'm very
new
to all this. :-)

Thanks,
Nick