From: Viqar Abbasi <viqar@cae.ca>
Subject: Compilers (was Re: SGI Developer Magic - Ada95)
Date: 1998/07/15
Date: 1998-07-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Thanks for the help on this issue.  I'm actually glad to hear that
the SGI compiler is based on GNAT, since GNAT has been the best
we've dealt with for C/Fortran/Ada interfacing.  I'm not sure
exactly what kind of problems people have had with the newer
versions.  Suffice to say, we'll need a support contract, with
whichever compiler is ultimately chosen for the task.  One of
my colleagues is going to investigate APEX as well... do any of
you helpful people have any experience with this one?

Oh... and for the curious...

> In article <35ABDCDF.7B8F@cae.ca>,
>   viqar@cae.ca wrote:
> > based in C and Fortran, on the SGI Irix platform.  I want to
> > call the Ada from C and Fortran, without any limitations.
> > The Verdix compiler we have now doesn't allow "in out" parameters
> > in procedures.. just "out" parameters.

Everyone guessed right that I was referring to exporting a
procedure from Ada, and Verdix restricted procedure parameters
to "in", (not "out", as I wrote).  Sure we can get around it...
but all the Ada code has already been written.  We want miminal
changes, if any at all...

V.