From: Markus Kuhn <Markus.Kuhn@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [Q]Gnat on Linux
Date: 1998/07/07
Date: 1998-07-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

grave wrote:
> I've (it seems) succeded in installing gnat 3.10p on my Linux machine,
> but when I'm trying to compile the examples I get this message from
> gnatbind :
> cannont find crt1.o

Please provide a more complete problem report: Which Linux distribution
do you use, especially which gcc is installed there and which libc?
Do you have a /usr/lib/crt1.o file?

Also check out

  http://www.gnat.com/chat/2781.html

for a description of how to use the libc5 binaries on glibc2
distributions.

Markus

--
Markus G. Kuhn, Security Group, Computer Lab, Cambridge University, UK
email: mkuhn at acm.org,  home page: <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/>