* Help for a newbie.
@ 1998-07-05  0:00 Jamie
From: Jamie @ 1998-07-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm a reasonably competent C programmer and am trying to teach myself some
Ada at the moment. The only problem is that I've got the knowledge of how
to put a program together, but I don't know the names of any functions or
their parameter types.

Is there a list out there of functions contained in header files, sorry
packages(?)

A basic list detailing parameters and deswcriptions would be fine.

Cheers,

Jamie

j.couston@virgin.net

* Re: Help for a newbie.
@ 1998-07-05  0:00 ` Markus Kuhn
From: Markus Kuhn @ 1998-07-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jamie wrote:
> I'm a reasonably competent C programmer and am trying to teach
> myself some Ada at the moment.

You absolutely need a copy of the Ada 95 Reference Manual, which
you get from Springer in book shops or free from the net. See

  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ada.html

for newbie information on how to get started with Ada.

Markus

--
Markus G. Kuhn, Security Group, Computer Lab, Cambridge University, UK
email: mkuhn at acm.org,  home page: <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/>