From: Markus Kuhn <Markus.Kuhn@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Status og GNAT & RedHat Linux
Date: 1998/06/20
Date: 1998-06-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Chris Miller wrote:
> Earlier this year I tried Gnat 3.10p, but got the "crtbegin.o" problem.

Easily fixed by a symbolic link to the other gcc-lib subdirectory.

> I saw some of the correspondance on this newsgroup about the fix but
> decided that it was all to messey and so didn't worry about it.

The description on

  http://www.gnat.com/chat/2781.html

for installing GNAT 3.10p on Red Hat 5.0 (and probably other Linux
systems that have already switched from libc5 to glibc2 as their
C library) is pretty straight forward and worked for me in a
few minutes.

The only big problem with GNAT under Red Hat 5.0 is that
the Florist Posix.5 binding does not work.

Markus

--
Markus G. Kuhn, Security Group, Computer Lab, Cambridge University, UK
email: mkuhn at acm.org,  home page: <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/>