From: Ronald Abdur-Raheem Ali <RonAli@WriteMe.com>
Subject: Re: gperf (C2Ada) build problem...
Date: 1998/06/17
Date: 1998-06-17T21:52:20+00:00	[thread overview]

Samuel Tardieu wrote:

> Ronald> The latest version of C2Ada calls for python version 1.3, I
> Ronald> built version 1.4 successfully.
>
> Well, you should build python 1.5.1, which is the latest release.
>
> Ronald> When I build gperf with gnat 3.10, I get the following error message:
>
> Use your local C compiler instead of the one that comes with GNAT, you
> must have a problem in your installation (it's likely that some
> environment variables are missing).
>
>   Sam
> --
> Samuel Tardieu -- sam@ada.eu.org

  Thanks for the suggestions.
I built version 1.5.1 of python with fewer config.log errors than previous
versions.
Unfortunately, changing from gcc to cc made No difference.

The problem still remains: "ld: fatal: file mcrt1.o: cannot open file; errno=2",

and the culprit file is in fact not resident on our system.

I'll keep treking, thanks again.

Ron