From: "Adrian BY, Hoe" <byhoe.lexical@technologist.com>
Subject: Re: Help!!! (Variable arguments list)
Date: 1998/06/07
Date: 1998-06-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Adrian BY, Hoe wrote:

> I have an Ada package written to interface to a database API which is, I
> believe in C/C++. In the main, I have managed attaching the newdb
> (db_handle) to an existing database with success! Then, I tried to pass
> the newdb (db_handle) as a variable arguments list in function
> d_start_transaction. An error was raised by the API stating that invalid
> database handle (no active transaction). Under this circumstance, only a
> null or invalid db_handle will raise this error. I have try to count the
> number of arguments passed using Stdarg.Impl.ArgCount (args). It returns
> 3 (in this case was newdb'Unchecked_Access & tpb_length & tpb_address).

Since, there is no reply yet, I would like to add/correct some
information.

Of, prior to calling the d_start_transaction function, I have called the
d_attach_database to obtain the newdb (db_handle) with success. The
db_handle has been passed to other functions as well which return
expected results. I/we can rule out that the db_handle, newdb, was not
assigned properly.

In procedure main, correct with ibase; use ibase; to
with database; use database;

My question is,

Is the pointer to db_handle of type PVOID (void *, in C/C++) passed
correctly with my implementation: function "&" is new Stdarg.Concat
(Pdb_handle); and Stdarg.Empty & newdb'Unchecked_Access & tpb_length &
tpb_address in d_start_transaction?

Please help!
--
BY Hoe                                  byhoe.lexical@technologist.com