From: Markus Kuhn <Markus.Kuhn@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Gnat (3.10p) on RedHat Linux := Frustration
Date: 1998/05/21
Date: 1998-05-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Andreas Jungmaier wrote:
> I know that the development crew does not want any pressure put
> on them, but somewhere I have read, that they are already running
> gnat-3.11 on RedHat-5.0 based systems.
> It would be a great thing, if a Beta Release could be made (for
> 3.11 on linux), or if there was some way to get gnat-3.10 running
> for the above described linux setup (e.g. where to get the proper
>  crt-stuff).
> I do not want to have to switch to NT being a poor researcher
> working at an even poorer university.

I fully support this beg. Please, please dear GNAT folks, it would
be really nice and helpful for getting Ada95 more widely deployed if
a binary version that is easy to install under Red Hat 5 (where
now glibc instead of libc is used) were available. Our department
plans to upgrade all our workstations to RH5 in a few days, and
I'll probably loose GNAT then.

Markus