* Advanced OOP in Ada 95 Book?
@ 1998-05-07  0:00 Stanley R. Allen
From: Stanley R. Allen @ 1998-05-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a book specifically focused on OOP in Ada at
the "advanced" level with thorough discussion of design
approaches, feature interactions, and big examples?

I know the Rationale has some of this, but it's rather
cursory.  I'm hoping there's something which does for
OOP what Burns and Welling did for tasking in the book
"Concurrency in Ada".

Perhaps there's something online...?

--
Stanley Allen
mailto:s_allen@hso.link.com

* Re: Advanced OOP in Ada 95 Book?
@ 1998-05-15  0:00 ` Fred Long
From: Fred Long @ 1998-05-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <355205F7.41C6@hso.link.com>, "Stanley R. Allen" <s_allen@hso.link.com> writes:
> Is there a book specifically focused on OOP in Ada at
> the "advanced" level with thorough discussion of design
> approaches, feature interactions, and big examples?

> --
> Stanley Allen
> mailto:s_allen@hso.link.com

There is "Object-Oriented Software in Ada 95", by Michael A. Smith,
International Thomson Computer Press, 1996, ISBN 1-85032-185-X.

The source code for the examples is said to be at:

	http://www.thomson.com/itcp.html

(but I haven't tried this URL myself).

Due out very soon is the second edition of "Programming in Ada 95", by
John Barnes, Addison-Wesley.  This will have some fairly large examples.

	Fred Long.

Dr Fred Long,                           Email: fwl@aber.ac.uk
Department of Computer Science,         Tel: +44 1970 622440
University of Wales, Penglais,          Fax: +44 1970 622455
Aberystwyth, SY23 3DB, UK.