From: "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com>
Subject: Re: [student help] Won't allow package body.
Date: 1998/05/07
Date: 1998-05-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Oliver White wrote in message <35514AAC.D46B535C@iinet.net.au>...
>I'm compiling a package, the ads file begins as so -
>
>> generic
>> type ObjectType is private;
>> package LinkedListPackage is
>>
>but when I compile, I get this message -
>
>"generic package LinkedListPackage does not allow a body"

This is either one of two things:
    1.  The package does not allow a body because none is required -- e.g.,
the package spec defines no subprogram, so no body is required.  If no body
is required, none is allowed.

    2.  There is an error of some sort in the code which prevents error-free
compilation of the package spec.  Then, in may cases you will get this
error.

In general, you need to provide a complete compilation unit in your request
for help, because there is not enough  information in an incomplete code
snippet such as you have supplied to answer your question.  Also, as a
general rule, you should tell us what is the compiler and version you are
using, and on what platform.

With complete information, I' sure one of us will be glad to help.

David C. Hoos, Sr.