From: Dave Wood <dpw@sd.aonix.com>
Subject: Re: GUI and Printing in ADA (one more thing)
Date: 1998/05/07
Date: 1998-05-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Basilis wrote:

> there is  object ada v7.1  but is  a rather big  file  about 75MB compressed
> one  of the  sites  that u  can find  it  is :
> http://www.adahome.com/articles/1997-10/pr_objectadafree.html
> or  directly  at the  ftp://ftp.aonix.com/pub/ada/public/pal

Actually, we've recently broken it into smaller
chunks starting at 18 MB (still a lot to download,
but not as daunting as the full 77 MB).

However, pertaining to the original query, the
GUI Builder included with this Special Edition
is a demo only (disallows code generation) so
would be of limited interest to Mr. Franklin.
Further, the Special Edition version (7.1) is
missing a large number of GUI Builder bug
fixes and extremely useful ActiveX control
import facility.

On the other hand, I note the .edu address.  If
he is a qualified professor or student, he can
avail of our educational discount program (LEAP)
and get the full Professional Edition (free or
cheap, respectively).   He can call for more
information at 1-800-97-AONIX.

Another potentially viable option to consider
is the CLAW builder from RR Software.

-- Dave Wood, Aonix
-- Product Manager, Win32 and Java products