From: Stephen Leake <stephen.leake@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: An array of records within an array of records (Still a problem)
Date: 1998/05/04
Date: 1998-05-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

tmoran@bix.com wrote:

> Some people like to put _type or _t or make a plural for a type name to
> distinguish it from a variable name, or perhaps use _array for the type
> and _list for the variable, or prefix the variable with The_ or A_, or
> whatever.  It can be really helpful if you adopt some convention and
> then stick to it.  And to the extent your programs are to be read by
> others, it's good if you and they share the same conventions.
>   Hoping this thread doesn't turn into another war over which
> convention is 'right'.    Tom Moran

  No war needed; _Type is right :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I use _Type, and I just spent the weekend reading
the Ada 95 Booch components, which don't. It was subtly frustrating. It
would be nice if we (the Ada community) could agree on a consensus for this
issue, as we seem to have on the Capitalization_Of_Multi_Word_Names issue.

Maybe if we complete the Ada 95 Booch components, or some equivalent,
widely-useful library, that could serve as a basis for consensus. Hmm, a
quick glance thru some of the GNAT run-time sources indicates they don't
use either _Type or plural for types. Looks like I may end up in the
minority :( .

-- Stephen Leake