* Simulink S-Functions in Ada95
@ 1998-04-29  0:00 Dr. Joachim Schroeer
From: Dr. Joachim Schroeer @ 1998-04-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anybody ever tried to develop so-called S-functions for the modelling and
simulation tool Simulink (part of Matlab) from Mathworks Inc. in Ada?

I've tried it in a number of ways, but failed. I use ObjectAda 7.1.1.
As I have no binding to simulink.h (and do not intend to write one),
I do not use the OA capability to produce a dll directly from Ada.
Instead I use the given MEX-file compiling a small C-file were the exported
(with convention => C) Ada subprograms are declared as extern.
All used Ada .obj-files are included in .lib-files which are passed to the
MEX-command.
The MEX produces a dll as long as no extern Ada procedures are called, but if
one
is called no dll is generated by MEX.

MEX uses the Watcom C-compiler.
Is it not compatible to .obj-files, .lib-files created by OA?

Any hints would be appreciated.

J. Schroeer

Dr. Joachim Schroeer
AMST-Systemtechnik GmbH
A-5282 Ranshofen, Austria
Tel.: (++)43 7722 85232 30
Fax.: (++)43 7722 85232 99
E-Mail: schroeer@amst.co.at

* Re: Simulink S-Functions in Ada95
@ 1998-04-30  0:00 ` Richard Maffei
From: Richard Maffei @ 1998-04-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: schroeer

Dr. Schroeer,

Although I am not familiar with the Simulink product, I have interfaced Ada with
Matlab.
We were able to obtain a binding from Mathworks (created by a Matlab user and
freely
available).  With luck, Mathworks may have a similar binding available for
Simulink.

If not, I believe there are tools available which generate Ada bindings from .h
files.

I hope this will assist you in your endeavors.

v/r,
Rick