From: Geb <geb@pineapple.apmaths.uwo.ca>
Subject: Q: gcc -c does NOT compile Ada code?
Date: 1998/04/30
Date: 1998-04-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I'm new to this group.  I was trying to compile Ada code using
GNAT (latest 3.10?) installed on my Linux machine.
According to GNAT's docs, gnat is  built on gcc.  However,
I found the gcc (2.7.21) that comes with the Slackware Linux
doesn't seem to recognize the file format with gcc -c myada.adb.
So I guess I may need to rebuild the gcc on myown?

Thanks,
Geb