From: carr@tbolt.si.com (Thomas Peter Carr)
Subject: Re: Strawman,woodenman and tinman
Date: 1998/04/25
Date: 1998-04-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Lush <jhw@cs.bham.ac.uk> writes:
<snip>
> ... I would greatly appriciate it if somebody can
>tell me where i can obtain these documents ...
<snip>

Your best choice is to go to Ada History information at Ada Home: the Home
of the Brave Ada Programmers at http://www.adahome.com/

The history information is at http://www.adahome.com/History/
and includes some informational references to Strawman, Woodenman, Tinman,
and Ironman.  It also contains an HTML copy of Steelman.

You must remember that these documents were produced starting 23 years ago
this month, which is an eternity to some people.

My best recollection is that Strawman started out at around 4 or 5 pages and
that the succeeding documents at least doubled in size with each new
generation.

This first three were not published widely, but Ironman and Steelman were
published in the SIGPLAN Notices which your school library might have.

Ironman was in the Dec 1977 SIGPLAN Notices and
Steelman was in the Dec 1978 SIGPLAN Notices.

Again your best choice is to use the information at Ada Home.

/Tom
--
Thomas Peter Carr                               | I have a dream, ...
carr_tom@si.com                 (Internet)      |       M L King Jr    08/28/63