From: "Steve Doiel" <nospam_steved@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: Are global or persistent variables in ADA?
Date: 1998/04/25
Date: 1998-04-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Brian Franklin wrote in message <35413389.46570978@news.gatech.edu>...
>  I haven't found this in any of my books on ADA. Can I have a
>procedure retain it's variable value after it returns to it's calling
>routine? In C  I can use STATIC in declaring such a variable.
>
>As an alternative is it possible to have a global variable available
> to all the modules and by this I mean available to outside packages.

The closest parallel to having a STATIC variable inside a procedure is to
declare the variable inside the package containing the procedure, but
outside of any procedures in that package.  Fully global variables are
declared inside of a package spec (IMHO not a good practice).

I hope this helps,
SteveD