From: Stephen Leake <Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Pragma and Object Files
Date: 1998/04/16
Date: 1998-04-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Albert K. Lee wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:11:00 -0500, Andy Perkins <storm@vci.net> wrote:
> >Geert Bosch wrote:
> >
> >> Two ways:
> >>   1. Pass the name of the object as linker argument to the gnatmake program.
> >>      See the GNAT User's Manual for more details.
> >>
> >>   2. Use the pragma Linker_Options ("yourobject.o") to link in your
> >>      object file. See Ada Reference manual.
> >
> >        The problem is that I don't have a .o file.  Mine is an obj file from
> >        Borland Turbo Assembler.  I can, of couse, tell there is a difference,
> >        but is there a way to convert an obj file to an o file?
>
> An .obj file is an .o file, there is no difference ... DOS uses an
> .obj file extension while many other OS's use .o instead.

Sorry, but no. There are many different object file formats. Borland,
Microsoft, and GNAT are all different from each other. I don't know of
any way to directly convert one format to another, but there may be
something like that in the gnu bintools (but gnu bintools probably don't
know about Borland object format!).

You'll have to compile the assembler code with the gnu assembler. I
don't know if the assembler syntax is the same; the opcode mnemonics
probably are, but the macro language is probably different.

Good Luck!

--
- Stephe