From: jpwoodruff@irisinternet.net (John Woodruff)
Subject: Re: Any ADA NASA Developer's out there?
Date: 22 Jan 2004 20:56:43 -0800
Date: 2004-01-22T20:56:43-08:00	[thread overview]

"Bill Ward" <bill_Ward@realitycoder.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.01.21.20.22.35.319095@realitycoder.com>...
> I am doing a paper for school on career interests. One career interest I
> have is to develop software for NASA.  I was wondering if there are any
> ADA developers at NASA that watch this thread.  I would very much like to
> speak with you if so.

In case your academic interest extends past NASA to other
high-technology applications of Ada, you might look at the National
Ignition Facility laser, which is controlled by a distributed software
system written using Ada.

NIF is the world's most powerful laser, even though only 2% of the
beams are complete.  Consider www.llnl.gov/nif/nif.html

I was privileged to work on the controls software for NIF for some
years before my retirement.

John