From: charles@hankel.mersinet.co.uk (Charles F Hankel)
Subject: Re: ROBERT DEWER, Chill out...
Date: 1998/01/22
Date: 1998-01-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Scott

It's nothing you did.  It's Professor Dewar's attitude.  It seems that
he considers this newsgroup to be his personal fiefdom and if someone
does something that gets in his way, his habit is to send them rude,
pompous e-mails (please note the plural).

When you point out to this arrogant, conceited pillock that you don't
appreciate unsolicited e-mails and will happily take the argument
further, he then sends another stream of personal insults, finishing
with an announcement that he has put you on his mailer rejection list.

This displays the same attitude as the school bully who starts beating
up the new kid and then runs away when that kid fights back.  He is
obviously a weak individual with serious character flaws.

In the light of our own short correspondence, you may understand that
I don't take kindly to his behaviour.  This time he has picked on the
wrong guy at this end.  This Eagle ain't stopped Screaming.

I do wonder if his behaviour is reflective of the entire CS faculty at
NYU and is exactly what the university authorities look for in their
staff.

Sincerely
Charles