From: tmoran@bix.com (Tom Moran)
Subject: Re: Actual  Ada style: type names and unary +
Date: 1998/01/18
Date: 1998-01-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar says
>Your scanner is broken, here are some definitions of unary + from adainclude
and gives examples of function "+" ... declarations.
  I should have been clearer.  My scanner was looking for USES, not
DECLARATIONS of unary plus and it found 3 - all numeric.  The Gnat
adainclude is, of course, more likely to have declarations than uses
so it is not a complete test case.  The files I checked on the Ada
CDROM are a better corpus for that - they had zero uses of unary plus.
  The scanner's current definition of a use of a unary plus is a + not
in the last column and  preceded (ignoring white space) by one of "(",
",", or "=" on the same line. Then I look manually to eliminate
multi-line arithmetic expressions.  If someone with a true Ada parser
would do a fuller study of a large, diverse body of existing Ada
source code, it would be a contribution to knowledge and an aid in
stepping beyond theological argument, IMHO.