From: gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Script-like jobs in Ada (ideas for HAC)
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 00:31:15 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2020-05-01T00:31:15-07:00	[thread overview]

On Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 10:44:22 AM UTC+2, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:

> 1. Where are the modules? It should be possible to write a module for
> the script e.g. a package that has functions and procedures, which call
> to Ada implementations. I.e. calling Ada from the script.

On the to-do list :-)

> 2. What about exceptions handling, the ones propagating out of the
> script into the Ada caller?

Same, but this is a lower-hanging fruit: the VM has error states that could be grouped into an exception_raised state, which would trigger the expected behaviour (with an exception identity and message). If the exception is not handled from the VM, the VM interpreter would raise Unhandled_HAC_Exception with a message.

> 3. Aborting the script. Ideally the Interpret_on_Current_IO  you
> mentioned must be abortable per some event set via protected object, for
> example. E.g. from another task provided Interpret_on_Current_IO runs on
> the caller's context. The interpreter will look for the event
> periodically and propagate exception Canceled_Error if the event is set.

I add this to the to-do list right now, thanks!