From: Stephen Leake <Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: PARAMETER MISMATCH
Date: 1998/02/17
Date: 1998-02-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

jj091849@er.uqma.ca wrote:
I remember enough high school french to understand your post; hope you
can understand my response!

> Bonjour j'ai une petit programme qui a une erreur de
> parameter mismatch à la lige 49
> getelem (elem,s_elem,aut_elem,ref_elem :OUT string);

you are calling "getelem" with only 4 parameters; you declare it with
six parameters:

> PROCEDURE getelem (ka: In natural;
>                 str1 :In string;
>                 elem,s_elem,aut_elem,ref_elem :OUT string) IS

One way to get better error messages from the compiler (at least with
GNAT and ObjectAda) is to use named parameter calls:

getelem
	(elem => elem,
	 s_elem => s_elem,
	 aut_elem => aut_elem,
	 ref_elem => ref_elem);

then the compiler will give an error message listing the missing
parameters.

--
- Stephe