From: William Clodius <wclodius@lanl.gov>
Subject: Re: Standadised OO Language
Date: 1998/02/13
Date: 1998-02-13T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jon S Anthony wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I've heard (a rumor) that within the last couple of months (maybe
> December) the latest draft C++ proposal (not the old one that was
> laying around for the last 2-3 years) was accepted.  I don't know if
> this is really true and if so if it is ANSI or ISO.
> <snip>

I sometimes follow the comp.std.c++ newsgroup. On jointly developed
standards ANSI approval is usually conditional on ISO approval. The
standardization committees late last year submitted a draft for the
final stages of the ISO approval process. The submission was approved
unaminously, and, because the ISO members usually rely on their
representatives on the low level committees for their opinions on the
draft, unaminous approval probably indicates that the final stage will
not be controversial.  However, even if it is not controversial, it can
be time consuming (I believe that the ISO mislaid the original C++
paperwork delaying things by a couple of months, and ISO approval is
often conditional on some minor changes), so that it will likely be late
this year when it is officially published.

--

William B. Clodius		Phone: (505)-665-9370
Los Alamos Nat. Lab., NIS-2     FAX: (505)-667-3815