From: Lionel Draghi <LioDraghi@FILNET.FR>
Subject: Re: HTML as GNAT source
Date: 1998/02/05
Date: 1998-02-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert C. Leif, Ph.D. wrote:

> To: Robert I. Eachus et al.
> From: Bob Leif, Ph.D.
>
> Using HTML for source text (code) would greatly improve Ada environments.
> It would then be possible to create cross-references between the
> documentation and the source text (code). Thus if I had a requirement in my
> documentation, I could make a link in my source to it. This would permit
> the references in both the source and the documentation to be updated.

I agree that it could be (it will be :-) a great improvement.
I daily dream that, in my code, some reference to a
problem report, appears whit a different color. I click on it,
and xemacs open me a new frame containing the problem report.

It's only a dream, but reality is not so far. hTML is a simple and
widely
used technology, so for others tools involved in the developpment
process, there is no real problem. No doubt that Robert's initiative
regarding Ada code will be successfull, but an immediate first step
could be to process html markers in Ada comment. I think this will
cause compiler no special problem.
What we only need is an elisp gourou to merge Ada and html mode :-)

Lionel Draghi              01 45 28 88 50          17, rue Simon Dereure
                                                  93 110 Rosny-sous-Bois