* Re: Strip vs. DLL
       [not found] <34D6B16E.281C1437@srv.net>
@ 1998-02-05  0:00 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 1998-02-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Whittington wrote:

> Having finally figured out how to build a DLL using GNAT 3.10p1
> I now have a new problem.
>
> When I run strip on a DLL that works fine it seems to remove the
> exported routine names along with all the debug information.  No
> matter what strip switches I use this happens.
>
> Is there a way to strip a DLL without also stripping the ability to
> use exported routines by name?

I don't have a direct answer, but if the purpose of using 'strip' is to
remove debugging information, you could always recompile without -g.
This is one reason to have a "release build" as well as a "debug build"
makefile.

> --
> Paul Whittington
> Whittington Engineering
> 260 South Woodruff Avenue
> Suite 201
> Idaho Falls, ID 83401
> paul@srv.net

>                            Name: smime.p7s
>          Part 1.2          Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
>                        Encoding: base64

- Stephe

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-02-05  0:00 UTC | newest]