* ada to Win NT
@ 1998-02-05  0:00 Fort Sam Houston Library
From: Fort Sam Houston Library @ 1998-02-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm new to this. I need some guidance if you will.
I'm working with [will be shortly] a program that was written in ADA. It
runs on a UNIX server. The database is in ADA format. Is there a
translator available that will convert the database to something WIN95
or WIN/NT will recognize and display?
I don't have all the info about this program yet. I'm working on
creating the user interface with Visual Basic 5.0
Thanks in advance,
Reply to casey_chameleon@yahoo.com

* Re: ada to Win NT
@ 1998-02-10  0:00 ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 1998-02-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

You will need to know specifically what the format of the data in the
database is, or you will have to get access to the (relevant parts of the)
original Ada source code to find this out.  The only alternative is to use
a 'screen dump' program to 'eyeball' the data, and work out the format
yourself (an option you want to avoid -- trust me -- if you possibly can
:-).

One very likely road for you to follow will be to write a small Ada program
to read the database and output it in a form easily read by BASIC (e.g. CVF
comma-delimited text).

--

Fort Sam Houston Library <ftsamweb@swbell.net> wrote in article
<34D9FD1F.2F09@swbell.net>...