From: Guest <guest@xperts.hu>
Subject: How compiler finds files ?
Date: 1998/02/04
Date: 1998-02-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

(I have already put a very similar question up before, and received
satisfactory answers from many people - thank you all. Unfortunately,
that information could not help me overcoming all of my problems.)

Would you please email me (gvarga@xperts.hu) the following information:
1. What Ada programming environment you work with;
2. In your environment, how "package-name resolution" works (Upon
finding a "WITH PKG_NAME;" statement, how your compiler determines the
file name in which PKG_NAME specification is located).
3. Is there a restriction of file name extensions in your environment
(e.g. as GNU Ada requires package specifications to be in .ads files) ?

I'm working on an Ada parser, which has to do package-name resolution.
As far as I know, there is no standard way of that. However, I want to
make my parser to be as generic as possible, and be able to work in many
environments. I collect this information to obtain an view of today's
Ada environments.

Thank you (I hope it wasn't too long),
Gabor