* network?
@ 1998-01-20  0:00 Jesper Kempe
From: Jesper Kempe @ 1998-01-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
I�m planing to try to make a small networkgame in ADA. Can anyone help
me with for example source code, packages for networking and so on.

            /jesper

* Re: network?
@ 1998-01-23  0:00 ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 1998-01-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Multi-User Dungeon (or whatever) games are a good way to learn Ada,
especially multi-tasking.  Conversely, Ada is a good language for this sort
of game, precisely because of its multi-tasking facilities.

I would be happy to give a little input to your project, and I feel others
would be willing to make small contributions.  It would useful if you were
to give a bit more detail (what machine, what compiler, what kind of game,
etc.)

--

Nick Roberts
Croydon, UK

Proprietor, ThoughtWing Software; Independent Software Development
Consultant
* Nick.Roberts@dial.pipex.com * Voicemail & Fax +44 181-405 1124 *
*** Always game for a verbal joust (usually as the turkey) ***

Jesper Kempe <kempe@mtek.chalmers.se> wrote in article
<34C4EEB8.9EBFAF8A@mtek.chalmers.se>...

@ 1998-01-24  0:00   ` Tarjei T. Jensen
From: Tarjei T. Jensen @ 1998-01-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nick Roberts wrote:

> Multi-User Dungeon (or whatever) games are a good way to learn Ada,
> especially multi-tasking.  Conversely, Ada is a good language for this sort
> of game, precisely because of its multi-tasking facilities.

I disagree. I think a (tcp/ip) network server would be easier to
implement. It would require multitasking, etc. And it would be useful.

As I see it the most useful servers written in Ada would be a name
server, a smtp server and a web server. There is already one web server
written.

Greetings,

--
// Tarjei T. Jensen