From: "Larry A. Barowski" <larrybar@eng.auburn.edu>
Subject: Re: Smart compilers?
Date: 1998/01/24
Date: 1998-01-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> There may be also another source of confusion; if you are using Grasp, it
> seems that it saves all files from open windows before compiling, even those
> that have not been changed. So if you have a window with the spec open, it
> will change the time-stamp of the file, and you will recompile more than is
> actually needed.

    The UNIX/Linux version of GRASP temporarily saves
only modified files (modified since the last "save",
not the last compilation), so if you leave lots of
edited windows around without saving this will be a
problem. I'll see if I can change this to modified-since-
last-compilation for the next release.
    The PC version I'm not directly responsible for,
but I'll make sure it at worst only saves modified
files, if this is not already the case.

-Larry