* Interrupt Service Routine in ADA
@ 1998-01-15  0:00 Steven Coenen
From: Steven Coenen @ 1998-01-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anybody know how to make an interrupt call a tasks entry, i mean when
the interrupt occurs, the entry of the task should be called.

I tried this but it doesn't work :
entry interrupt
for interrupt use at 16#2C# -- the 16#2C# is the address in the
                            -- interrupt vector table (IRQ3 interrupt)

Another questions : is it possible to save the registers (push) in ADA

Steven,

EMail : steven.coenen@cs.kuleuven.ac.be

* Re: Interrupt Service Routine in ADA
@ 1998-01-19  0:00 ` Stefan Muehlebach
From: Stefan Muehlebach @ 1998-01-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven Coenen wrote:

> Does anybody know how to make an interrupt call a tasks entry, i mean when
> the interrupt occurs, the entry of the task should be called.
>
> I tried this but it doesn't work :
> entry interrupt
> for interrupt use at 16#2C# -- the 16#2C# is the address in the
>                             -- interrupt vector table (IRQ3 interrupt)
>
> Another questions : is it possible to save the registers (push) in ADA
>
> Steven,
>
> EMail : steven.coenen@cs.kuleuven.ac.be

  Hi Steven

It depends which operating system you use.
I worked with an Meridian Ada-compiler under DOS and I was able to use an
task entry as an interrupt handler - it worked even perfectly.
But under other operating systems the 'for ... use ...' statement is
interpreted in an other way. Under Unix your entry is not connected to an
interrupt but to an Unix-signal.