* "Package 'Text_IO' is not predefined"
@ 1998-01-10  0:00 Dave Hetrick
From: Dave Hetrick @ 1998-01-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I keep getting a "Package 'Text_IO' is not predefined" error when I try
to compile a sample program that came with a tutorial.
Here is the code of the program.

    with Text_IO; use Text_IO;
procedure Hello is
begin
    Put_Line("Hello!");
end Hello;

I am using the GNAT compiler, with DJGPP also.
I downloaded it off of
ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu/languages/ada/compiler/ez2load/
How can I predefine Text_IO? I am a beginner at Ada, just learning.... so I
don't
know much.
Thanks a lot,
Dave :)

* Re: "Package 'Text_IO' is not predefined"
@ 1998-01-10  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1998-01-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

<<I keep getting a "Package 'Text_IO' is not predefined" error when I try
to compile a sample program that came with a tutorial.
Here is the code of the program.

This is an installation problem, it means the compiler cannot find the
library. This is 99.9999% of the time the result of not following the
installation instructions *exactly* and *carefully*. Try installing
again. If you can't get it to work, get a friend with more experience
in following such instructions to help you with the installation.
Another idea is to run Win95, and install the WIn95 version (it is
more capable, and has an easier installation procedure).

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

* Re: "Package 'Text_IO' is not predefined"
@ 1998-01-12  0:00 ` Kenneth J Price
From: Kenneth J Price @ 1998-01-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dave Hetrick wrote:

> I keep getting a "Package 'Text_IO' is not predefined" error when I try
> to compile a sample program that came with a tutorial.
> Here is the code of the program.
>
>     with Text_IO; use Text_IO;
> procedure Hello is
> begin
>     Put_Line("Hello!");
> end Hello;

Dave,
     Did you set the ADA_INCLUDE_PATH and the ADA_OBJECTS_PATH as cited
in the ez2load documentation?  --Ken Price