From: Shayne Flint <shayne@ainslie-software.com>
Subject: Ada to Java Native Interface (JNI) Bindings
Date: 1997/12/18
Date: 1997-12-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I have posted our attempt at such a beast to:

     ftp://ftp.ainslie-software.com/pub/AdaJNI

The bindings were developed for internal use and later abandoned. They
are
not documented, properly tested, or complete. They do, however, offer a
good start for anyone wanting to talk to the JNI.

The bindings will allow you to call Java methods and manipulate Java
fields
from a native Ada application.

You will need the following software to build and use the bindings:

    Gnat 3.10p (or something similar)
    JDK 1.1.4
    gcc, nm, sed, ar and dlltool from the b18 Cygnus distribution

The bindings distribution includes a test program to get you started.

If there are any troubles with the distribution please email me.

-- Shayne Flint, MIEAust, CPEng        shayne@ainslie-software.com
-- Ainslie Software Pty Limited    http://www.ainslie-software.com
--
--      ShapeDB, a database and form drawing add-on for Visio