* HELP! READING ARROW KEYS
@ 1997-12-14  0:00 Baj
From: Baj @ 1997-12-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
im doing a uni project that i wanna zaz up a bit by using the arrow keys
to to select through items, i can do it fine using any other keys, but
if someone can tell me how i can detect the arrow keys, plus others (esc
especially) i would be more than grateful,
Im Programming in ADA9X on VAX vms,
ta
baj

* Re: HELP! READING ARROW KEYS
@ 1997-12-15  0:00 ` Tarjei T. Jensen
From: Tarjei T. Jensen @ 1997-12-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Baj wrote:

> Hello,
> im doing a uni project that i wanna zaz up a bit by using the arrow keys
> to to select through items, i can do it fine using any other keys, but
> if someone can tell me how i can detect the arrow keys, plus others (esc
> especially) i would be more than grateful,
> Im Programming in ADA9X on VAX vms,

Check out the kbd functions. They will handle the keyboard for you if my
memory serves me right. They will keep track of things like whether your
terminal uses <ESC>[ or <CSI>.

If you cannot use the kbd functions it is time to use the quio
functions. You'll have to look up the programming examples in the
various manuals yourself. I don't remember anymore.

Greetings,

--
// Tarjei T. Jensen
//    tarjei@online.no || voice +47 51 62 85 58