From: v025@academic.truman.edu (Chad R. Meiners)
Subject: Re: Cursor positioning with console application under Windows NT
Date: 1997/12/04
Date: 1997-12-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I dug through the Win32 SDK and discovered that ansi escape are not checked for
in the API used to print to the console.  This explains why programs compiled
with a dos compiler will still work with a ansi.sys file or an equivelant TSR.
The Gnat 3.10p NT compiler to my understanding uses the NT API's so ansi will
not work with it anyway.  Jerry van Dijk's cursor package is a better way to
position the cursor anyway.

This poses the question, "Has anyone written a nice package to use all the
features of the console API's?"

Chad R. Meiners