From: TB <TB@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: IDE/Rational Apex experiences
Date: 1997/12/02
Date: 1997-12-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I've had quite a bit of experience using a collection of tools, and having an
in-house
guru write scripts to glue them all together. It became his full-time job. Any
change/upgrade of any of the tools required him to change/upgrade his work.
My feeling was that we should not be in the tools business. It's not our expertise,

and putting him back to the work we did do would essentially free his salary
toward integrated tools.  There are competitors to Rose but I have not found
one for Apex, certainly nothing to compare with Apex/Rose.  Having everything
integrated into one tool saves everyone time and money.