From: Mats Weber <Mats.Weber@elca-matrix.ch>
To: Oliver.Kellogg@vs.dasa.de
Subject: Re: Design of the Ada95 object system
Date: 1997/11/28
Date: 1997-11-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Oliver.Kellogg@vs.dasa.de wrote:

I agree with you. I would also have preferred package types for the Ada 95 OO
stuff. But there has already been much discussion on that subject in c.l.a.

> If anyone can refer me to further reading explaining the choice of
> object mechanism in Ada95, that'd be great. I've already consulted
> the Ada95 Rationale and found some comparisons with other languages
> at the end of chapter 4, but not a discussion of alternatives
> considered for the Ada95 object system during language design.

I did my PhD thesis on exactly that subject. It's on the Web at
<http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Team/MW/Ada-Extensions/Ada-Extensions.html>.

You can also retrieve past discussions on the subject with dejanews.