* Cross Compiler for RH6000
@ 1997-11-18  0:00 bklungle
From: bklungle @ 1997-11-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to build a gnat cross compiler (if someone doesn't already have
one) for the RH6000 (same as RS6000 but radiation hardened.) Can anyone
direct me to the documentation for doing this? I have heard it requires
generating several translation files for the gcc compiler. Need to know
where docs are.

TKSIA

bob

* Re: Cross Compiler for RH6000
@ 1997-11-19  0:00 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 1997-11-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

bklungle wrote:

> I would like to build a gnat cross compiler (if someone doesn't already have
> one) for the RH6000 (same as RS6000 but radiation hardened.) Can anyone
> direct me to the documentation for doing this? I have heard it requires
> generating several translation files for the gcc compiler. Need to know
> where docs are.

This has been done; gcc supports the RS6000 as a target. So all you need
to do is set up gcc as a cross compiler from your host to an RS6000.

Since you posted this to comp.lang.ada, I assume you also want an Ada
front end; the straight gcc installation will only give you a C front
end. Get the GNAT source distribution, and follow its instructions for
patching the gcc source.

Then, read the INSTALL file that comes with gcc, do what it says
EXACTLY, and your all set.

You should also contact ACT (http://www.gnat.com/) and let them know you
are interested in support for an RS6000 cross compiler; they are
considering getting into the cross compiler support business, and they
need customers (assuming you have money!).

You might be able to purchase support for the C part from Cygnus
(http://www.cygnus.com/).

Good Luck!

--
- Stephe