From: Stephen Leake <Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Two GNAT questions
Date: 1997/11/18
Date: 1997-11-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar wrote:

> Stephen Leake said
>
> <<run your executable under gdb (the gnu debugger), set a break on
> '__gnat_raise'. then use the gdb 'where' command. See the gnat user
> guide topic "using gdb".
> >>

> That is correct advice for older obsolete versions of GDB, but with the
> current Ada mode version of GDB, there is a command
>
> break exception [exception name]
>
> command that can be used to achieve this effect more directly

Sorry, Robert, but since this question was posted on the newsgroup, I
assumed he was refering to the publicly available GNAT 3.10. That user's
guide makes no mention of "break exception", and on Windows, there is no
Ada aware gdb. The original poster did not mention what OS he was on, so
I assumed the most common (or at least the one I use :).

There is nothing "obsolete" about this version of gdb, since it is the
only one available for this platform!

--
- Stephe