* Generic procedures
@ 1997-11-11  0:00 Tobias Ritzau
From: Tobias Ritzau @ 1997-11-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wonder if it is possible to have a generic procedure in a
package and do some instations in the same spec.

I have written a socket packet and in the package I have
generic put and get procedures. It would be nice if I could
instatiate the procedure with some standard types. Is this
possible?

Tobias Ritzau
Link=F6pings Universitet

* Re: Generic procedures.
@ 1997-11-14  0:00 Scott Edgerton {81813}
From: Scott Edgerton {81813} @ 1997-11-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tobias Ritzau wrote:

> I wonder if it is possible to have a generic procedure in a
> package and do some instations in the same spec.

Generics typically are written to support code reuse.  With that, I
would suggest that you make the generic into a separate unit (outside of
your package)

This way, you can "With" the generic, and instantiate to your liking.

                        Scott

Std Disclaimer:  I speak for myself, not my employer.
Scott G. Edgerton
Command and Control Systems Dept
Raytheon, Hagar pond
Marlborough, MA