From: v025@academic.truman.edu (Chad R. Meiners)
Subject: Re: Interrupt Calls
Date: 1997/11/11
Date: 1997-11-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <879126407.74snx@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl>,
jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl says...

>In article <34651851.DAA7064E@academic.truman.edu> v025@academic.truman.edu
writes:

>>Would anyone be able to give me an example on how to call an interrupt
>>in Ada.  I have tried to sort through the reference manual, and I have
>>looked in interrupt packages.  I am intending to call the dos interrupt
>>21h, and I am using Gnat 3.10p for NT if that makes a difference.
>
>There would be little point in supporting Interrupts on Win95 or NT,
>since there are no interrupts to support...
>
>However, that does not mean your are lost, there are several options,
>depending on which int21h calls you wanted to issue:
>
>a) There is a Ada equivalent
>b) There is a Win32 equivalent
>c) There is a MS-C RTL equivalent
>d) use dirty tricks using inline assembly
>
>Otherwise, you can use the GNAT DOS compiler, which will naturally
>support calling int21h functions.
>
>Without knowing what functionality you are looking for I cannot give
>more details.
>
>--
>
>-- Jerry van Dijk | Leiden, Holland
>-- Consultant     | Team Ada
>-- Ordina Finance | jdijk@acm.org
I am trying to write a package similar to your conio package.  So there would
be a text screen manipulation package for the NT complier.  I figured since NT
supports text-base dos programs all I would need to do is call the dos
interrupt, but all I really need is a move cursor cursor function for my text
graphics routines.