From: Gautier write-only <gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: A generic image decoder - specification design
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 14:42:16 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2010-05-24T14:42:16-07:00	[thread overview]

Thanks for the feedback.
The project is really restricted to decoding images of the broadest
spectrum of formats and do whatever the user wants to do with the
pixels: store into a buffer (and process, save, or save that buffer),
or display them directly in a GUI object, or whatever else...
The current state so far is:
* BMP is done, except RLE compression and some unusual bit depths
* GIF is complete (including animated pictures)
* PNG is covering all but transparent formats; there is a nasty glitch
    with the decompression, so it works on some pictures and on some,
not...
    up to now I was able to have a common source for all formats;
    sure, I should have a closer look to PNG_IO...
* TGA is on a good way to be complete

You can have a look via a svn checkout:
svn co https://gen-img-dec.svn.sf.net/svnroot/gen-img-dec gid
and with gnatmake -P gid.gpr
It builds ./test/to_bmp on your platform.
Note: there is a "Fast" mode in the gid.gpr project file!
Gautier