* Ada Compilers for Parallel Computers
@ 1997-11-06  0:00 Scott Stallcup
From: Scott Stallcup @ 1997-11-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am looking for any information on Ada compilers
for parallel computers.

In particular, I would like to find references to
any papers about the use of Ada for fault tolerant
embedded parallel systems where Ada tasks are mapped
to separate CPUs.

Thanks in advance for all responses...

Scott Stallcup  (stallcup@stsci.edu)
Space Telescope Science Institute
Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy

* Re: Ada Compilers for Parallel Computers
@ 1997-11-10  0:00 ` Joerg Rodemann
From: Joerg Rodemann @ 1997-11-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Scott Stallcup (stallcup@stsci.edu) wrote:
> I am looking for any information on Ada compilers
> for parallel computers.

> In particular, I would like to find references to
> any papers about the use of Ada for fault tolerant
> embedded parallel systems where Ada tasks are mapped
> to separate CPUs.

I believe that GNAT is supported for the SGI Origin series and hope to try
it out myself soon. OTOH in the high performance computing sector Ada does
not seem to be well established. Recently I asked Tera Inc. about Ada-
support for there new machine (and how far their C++-implementation will
reach the upcoming C++ standard) but until now I did not get any answer.

Probably this is an answer... *sigh*

Regards

Joerg

--
rodemann@mathematik.uni-ulm.de | Dipl.-Phys. Joerg S. Rodemann
Phone: ++49-(0)711-5090670     | Flurstrasse 21, D-70372 Stuttgart, Germany

* Re: Ada Compilers for Parallel Computers
@ 1997-11-10  0:00   ` Peter Hermann
From: Peter Hermann @ 1997-11-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joerg Rodemann (rodemann@thales) wrote:
> I believe that GNAT is supported for the SGI Origin series and hope to try

I know.
been there -- done that.
(dont forget to set a specific environment variable on # of threads to "auto")

--
Peter Hermann  Tel:+49-711-685-3611 Fax:3758 ph@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
Pfaffenwaldring 27, 70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen