From: joconnor@jmpstart.com (James O'Connor)
Subject: Re: Difference between Ada and Small talk - Object Oriented
Date: 1997/11/02
Date: 1997-11-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

On Sat, 01 Nov 1997 14:16:58 -0800, mheaney@ni.net (Matthew Heaney)
wrote:

>In article <34592A6B.665@ednet.co.uk>, David Brown <davidbrown@ednet.co.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>Can any one help me, I have to write an essay on the differences between
>>Ada and Smalltalk focusing on there object oriented features.
>
>I'm not a SmallTalk programmer, but I do know Ada 95.  Here's a couple
>things to read:

>o the paper (go to the AdaIC or to the Ada Home) comparing Ada 95 to C++.

If you are  referring to the comparison at
http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/AdaIC/docs/flyers/95cplus.shtml, I'm
not sure what good this would do in an OO comparsion between Ada and
Smalltalk.  If your are trying to extrapolate or draw a comparison
from C++ to Smalltalk, it's not vaild because C++ is not very similar
to Smalltalk.  Especially in regards to many of the comparison made in
the document.  C++ and Ada are completely separate languages, but they
have more in common with each other than Smalltalk does with either.

>Let me know if you need more info.
>
>Matt

>Matthew Heaney
>Software Development Consultant