From: steved@pacifier.com (Steve Doiel)
Subject: Re: ObjectAda Libraries
Date: 1997/11/01
Date: 1997-11-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <19971031212700.QAA03641@ladder02.news.aol.com>, fogartys@aol.com
says...

>     I've just purchase ObjectAda Personal Edition and sent in my
registration
> card, but it will probably still be a week or so before I'm eligable for the
> ObjectAda mailing list or my 30 day window of Aonix telephone support.  In
the
> meantime, I'm hopefull that experienced ObjectAda users might point me in
the
> right direction in taking advantage of ObjectAda's built-in libraries.
>
>     For example, even though it's not a required element of the language, I
> would expect there to be a library package named perhaps, TRIG_FUNCTIONS,
that
> I could "with" into my program and then use cosine, sine, etc.  If such
> libraries are not included it's not the end of the world; I can write my
own.
> All the same, I'd be dismayed that a $245 commercial compiler would come
> without such basic functions.

Of course ObjectAda personal supports these functions.  they are included in
Annex A of Ada 95.  Check out Ada.Numerics.Generic_Elementary_Functions.

>     Also, although I didn't get the more expensive professional edition that
> includes the GUI (Graphic User Interface) Builder, my understanding was that
> could still build GUI's in the personal edition by typing in all the code by
> hand.  Yet in the help features and courseware I have not found any hint of
> packages that I could "with" into my program to create even simple buttons
or
> do basic pixel manipulation within a window.

Look in the ObjectAda subdirectories under examples.  You will find some
reference to Petzold.  These are Ada implementations of the examples from
Charles Petzold's book Programming Windows.

Best of luck,
SteveD