From: Stephen Leake <Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Ada in control - Win32 GUI - Possible?
Date: 1997/11/04
Date: 1997-11-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Dave Smith wrote:

> <snip>
>
>    Can an Ada program be in control of a Win32 GUI?
>
> <other stuff snipped about a DLL containing neat stuff, that wants to > be "in control">

Every Win32 application has exactly one message loop that runs all the
windows. Actually, each thread can have a message loop, but things are
MUCH simpler if only one thread has windows. If your DLL can contain a
thread (sorry, task), that manages its resources, there should be no
problem. Or maybe you only need protected objects.

I'm not clear what you mean by "in control". The DLL has an init
procedure called when it is loaded; that does the Ada elaboration. Ada
finalization takes care of cleaning up. What more "control" do you need?
--
- Stephe