From: Stephen Leake <Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Improving Ada Exceptions
Date: 1997/10/27
Date: 1997-10-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Ray Blaak wrote:

> <proposal for Ada exceptions more like C++>

> 01. Implementation complexity: Is this hard to do? Given that this is already
>     implemented in C++, and GNAT especially can take advantage of gcc's
>     implementation, is there something specific to Ada that would make it more
>     difficult? What about throwing controlled types?

I don't think exceptions are "implemented in C++" yet. gnu g++ does not
support them. In Borland C++ 5.02 for Windows 95, if you throw an
exception from a constructor, the stack (or something) is corrupted, and
you eventually crash the machine. My impression is that other
implementations also have problems with C++ exceptions (I have not used
any other implementations).

Does anyone use a C++ implementation that actually supports all the
semantics of the draft C++ standard exceptions?

--
- Stephe