From: icsu8209@caesar.cs.montana.edu (Glassy)
Subject: Re: wanted: PD Ada Interpreter written in C
Date: 28 Feb 90 15:59:27 GMT	[thread overview]

My apologies to the RR crew.  I was laboring under the (false)
impression that JANUS was PD.  To persist with my original
objective, if a PD Ada does not exist (and apparently it doesn't),
can anyone recommend (no blasphemy intended) -another-
imperative, procedural language which -does- support abstract
data types?

By 'abstract data types' I mean types whose gory implementation-details
can be separated from their external behavior.  The moth-eaten example
that comes to mind is SWAP(A,B)...which will swap any two objects
A and B, provided type(A)=type(B).

Open to suggestions,

Lou Glassy
icsu8209@caesar.cs.montana.edu